About Me

I speak English and Spanish and am CPR and First Aid certified. I have a strong interest in child/human development and continue to educate myself by reading and attending workshops concerning the subject.

I am a Registered Child Care Provider with the State of Texas.

I believe that children learn best when they are playing. Play is their work, so to speak. Children have a natural love of learning that can be easily nurtured on a daily basis with many different free-form activities in a safe, but beautiful environment. We fill our days with art, music, dance, nature, and food play. We spend a portion of each day outside, and only extreme weather keeps us inside. Interacting with nature and the seasonal processes of the earth are a vital part of every person’s daily life.

I have two little boys, ages 5 and 2.5, and they are being homeschooled. Many aspects of the Montessori Method, Reggio Emilia Approach, and Waldorf way of life resonate with my family. We are studying these worlds and taking from them what we like best. I encourage you to engage with me in these “new” ways of helping our children grow into happy, healthy, and whole individuals.

My children spend a lot of their time in free play with intermittent guidance. I feel it’s important that they don’t have me hovering over them all the time. I keep a watchful eye and intervene only when absolutely necessary (when someone is losing control of their emotions, when someone is most certainly going to get hurt, etc.) I believe it is important to allow children the space to figure out the world on their own as opposed to telling them what to do or not do all the time.

Related Hobbies and Interests:

baking
child/human development
cooking
organic gardening
holistic health
natural parenting
sustainable living
traveling